To see or post comments, click on the blog post title to be "in" the post.
I have a new blog! It's over at my new website. So make sure to go over there for new posts as this blog will be closing soon!

Monday, August 1, 2011

Monday Musings: Author photos


So, while I wait for my editor to read over my latest revisions to RENEGADE, I’ve been putting a lot of thought into other things.  Other things being my website and author photos.

I’ve pretty much decided on the designer for the website, so that’s out of my hands until I get my cover, so she can design an awesome site that matches it.  Which leaves my author photo. 

And I think I’ve chosen the photographer, but that leaves so many other things to think about.  Location, wardrobe, style.  It makes my brain hurt.  LOL.  Not to mention all the things I DON’T know about taking professional photos.

My husband says to be myself, which is sound advice, but then leaves me taking the picture in torn jeans or yoga pants and a ratty t-shirt, with my hair in braids, and no make-up.  Another friend said maybe I should think about dressing up in a fancy dress and all the things that go along with it, like my MC does throughout her story.  Not a bad idea either, but then it’s not really “me” at all. 

So that leaves me with my best bet, which is somewhere in the middle.  And I have no idea where that is.  I want it to be perfect.  I want to look beautiful, but I have no idea how to make that happen.  And a photographer can only do so much.  :P

So, peeps, what say you?  What have you done for yours, if you’re an author? Or what do you like to see in author photos?