To see or post comments, click on the blog post title to be "in" the post.
I have a new blog! It's over at my new website. So make sure to go over there for new posts as this blog will be closing soon!

Friday, July 29, 2011

Friday News






So this week has been very strange!  I've been down and out with a sinus infection turned ear infection turned ruptured ear drum.  Yep, you read that right.  Somehow during the night, I had so much fluid build up behind my ear drum that it ruptured it.  Not exactly comfortable.  It's also made it difficult to do anything but lay down because my head spins every time I move.  It's kinda like when you were a kid and spun around in circles with your arms out, then fell to the ground and watched the clouds spin.


So, that started off my week, but then I started getting good news!  I found out that one of my newest crit partners has gotten herself an agent!   Isn't that awesome news!  Please go over there and congratulate her.  She really does deserve it.  :)

I also got more good news that I can't talk about quite yet, but as soon as I can, I'll post it.

I've also gotten the go ahead from my editor (I don't think saying that will ever get old.  LOL.)  to start working on Book 2 of the Elysium Chronicles, tentatively titled REBEL.  So as soon as I can spend more than 5 minutes at the computer, I'll start writing it.  So excited to dive back into this world.

However, the best news I've gotten this week, I stumbled upon purely accidentally.  I was looking up something about RT and this post showed up.  Go on and read the whole thing, but pay particular attention to the second paragraph.  Really, go on, I'll wait right here.  (*Smiles like an idiot*)

Did you read it?  Isn't that freakin' awesome!  If you didn't read it, here's the short of it. I ( or more specifically RENEGADE) am on the RT book reviews website and they want to read RENEGADE!

Here's what they said:

Venturing even further into creepy territory is Renegade by Jessica Souders. Her tale is set in an underwater Utopia where a female assassin realizes that she does not control her own mind or body, and that her memories have been altered. The publication date has not yet been announced, but we are anxious to get our hands on this novel for several reasons, not the least of which is to find out why a utopia needs assassins!

This makes me all sorts of happy. 

So...what good news do you have to share?