To see or post comments, click on the blog post title to be "in" the post.
I have a new blog! It's over at my new website. So make sure to go over there for new posts as this blog will be closing soon!

Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Waiting on Wednesday.



First, I'm also blogging over at the Brave New Words blog about beginnings and endings, so make sure to stop on by and leave a comment.  Please and thank you!  :D

Waiting On Wednesday" is a weekly event, hosted by Jill from Breaking the Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.

My selection for this week's pre-publication "can't-wait-to-read" selection is: ANNA DRESSED IN BLOOD.

Okay, I'm cheating a bit, because I've actually already read it thanks to our mutual editor, but I couldn't resist pimping it because it's SOOO GOOD! I'll be buying a few copies to give away when it comes out so make sure to come back here at the end of the month to find details on that.

If you watch my tweet stream, you'll see a few weeks ago I tweeted that I couldn't sleep due to this book.  It wasn't just because I couldn't put it down, it was because it was just that creepy.  In fact, it was so creepy I not only slept with the lights on, but had my husband secure the attic door shut!  I know, I know. I'm a chicken $%^&, but really it was that creepy.

Anyway, here's the deets on it (from Kendare's website and goodreads):


Cas Lowood has inherited an unusual vocation: He kills the dead.
So did his father before him, until he was gruesomely murdered by a ghost he sought to kill. Now, armed with his father's mysterious and deadly athame, Cas travels the country with his kitchen-witch mother and their spirit-sniffing cat. Together they follow legends and local lore, trying to keep up with the murderous dead—keeping pesky things like the future and friends at bay.
When they arrive in a new town in search of a ghost the locals call Anna Dressed in Blood, Cas doesn't expect anything outside of the ordinary: track, hunt, kill. What he finds instead is a girl entangled in curses and rage, a ghost like he's never faced before. She still wears the dress she wore on the day of her brutal murder in 1958: once white, now stained red and dripping with blood. Since her death, Anna has killed any and every person who has dared to step into the deserted Victorian she used to call home.
But she, for whatever reason, spares Cas's life.
 So what's your WoW?