To see or post comments, click on the blog post title to be "in" the post.
I have a new blog! It's over at my new website. So make sure to go over there for new posts as this blog will be closing soon!

Thursday, February 16, 2012

A few thank yous (and news)

I know I've been absent a lot from this blog lately, but it has been CRAZY around here.  Phew!  Especially this past month with two books having deadlines a week apart. 0.o But, I LOVE it. I wouldn't change a thing.

Anyway, onto the post!

Today marks the two year anniversary of when my agent (the fab Natalie Lakosil) offered representation! I am just as excited now as I was then to say she's my agent.  She's been awesome, even when I wanted to yank my hair of of my head and bang it's baldness against my desk (or a handy wall) repeatedly.

She's dealt with my impatience and insecurities without batting so much as an eyelash. And she never once made me feel like I was unimportant. In fact, most of the time, she's made me feel like I was her only client, which obviously isn't true.

So I just wanted to send a public thank you to her for all her awesomeness!

THANK YOU!


And now for some good news I haven't been taken the time to announce, but would like to "officially" share with you.  

First, a minor, but very happy making thing. Book 2 is finished and has been sent to my awesome editor.  I canNOT wait to see what she says about it, so I can start book 3.  Eee! I've got some great things planned out, so I'm jonesing to write it!

A relatively huge thing for me, which isn't a secret as I've posted it on my book page, my website and twitter, but RENEGADE has sold German translation rights to Piper in there new imprint IVI!  

A special thank you to the wonderful Taryn Fagerness and my German editor, Beatrice!

Here's the PM announcement:

Foreign Rights Sale: Jessica Souders' RENEGADE to Piper in Germany, by Taryn Fagerness of Fagerness Literary Agency on behalf of Natalie Lakosil of Bradford Lit.

More news on that when it comes.

Some personal news, I'll share tomorrow. :)

And last, but not least, since I can't ever sit still for long, I'm excited about a new project that's been itching to be written for awhile now. More news on THAT later.

I'll try to keep up with this a bit more now that my crazy days are a little less crazy.


Until later,

Adieu!