To see or post comments, click on the blog post title to be "in" the post.
I have a new blog! It's over at my new website. So make sure to go over there for new posts as this blog will be closing soon!

Friday, February 17, 2012

Another Anniversary



February is my absolute favorite month. It always has been. Even before it held any real meaning for me.  And as another trivia question answer, the 17th is my favorite number. I don't know why except to say it's just always been that way.

Now I have real reasons to <3 both of those things, because 15 years ago on this day (it was President's day, in case you care) was the day my now husband asked me out on our first date.  (Well, asking is probably too much, it was more of a I'd really like to go out with you and I'm not taking no for an answer. :P)

Three years later to the day, we got married. And now 12 years after that, we're still married. And happily. I think I love him more now than I did then.  :) Plus we have 2 fabulous kids.


Sure, we've had some rough times (read VERY rough), but we've always weathered through them. Together. We've always worked better as a team, then when we do things separately. And I was reminded of that this weekend, while trying to finish a project around the house.

My husband dropped a bit (an expensive bit) inside the wall (long story) and no matter how he tried to get it out himself, he couldn't. Even when our son tried to help, he couldn't get it out.  But when I helped (it took awhile) we managed to work as a team and get it out without broken fingers, egos, or the bit.  I'd say that was a job well done.

But, anyway, I digress. I just wanted to send out a shout-out to my awesome husband on one of the most important days of my life.

I love you, honey!  Thank you for 15 wonderful years. Here's to many, many more.

XOXO,

Jess