So you're staring at a blank page and you don't know what to write, here's some tips:
1)Stop editing. Just let the words flow.
2) Follow the emotions: If you feel yourself getting emotional with a scene, let it flow! That's great and it means you're probably headed in the right direction.
3) Type with your eyes closed: If you find yourself getting caught up in editing, go ahead and close those eyes. You'll be able to picture that scene better and you won't get distracted by errors.
4) Listen to music: Not only will it inspire the Muse, it'll distract the part of your brain that wants to edit.
5) Freewrite and brainstorm. Just start typing something to see where it takes you. Sometimes the best brainstorming sessions are the ones we freewrite.
6) Do research: You never know what will strike your fancy and become the catalyst for a novel.