To see or post comments, click on the blog post title to be "in" the post.
I have a new blog! It's over at my new website. So make sure to go over there for new posts as this blog will be closing soon!

Monday, October 11, 2010

Music Monday: Alanis Morrissette.

Here's another song that's on my "soundtrack" for RENEGADE.  It's Evie's song. Because everything she knows about herself is a lie, and while she pretends she doesn't know, she's really just holding on to a precious illusion.

The biggest reason I picked this song is the chorus.  The lines are:


But this won't work now the way it once did
And I won't keep it up even though I would love to
Once I know who I'm not then I'll know who I am
But I know I won't keep on playing the victim

These precious illusions in my head did not let me down
When I was defenseless
And parting with them is like parting with invisible best friends

And don't forget to check out the Oasis where I'm blogging about writerly connections.