To see or post comments, click on the blog post title to be "in" the post.
I have a new blog! It's over at my new website. So make sure to go over there for new posts as this blog will be closing soon!

Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Book Deal Celebration Extravaganza



Today is THE day.  I can't believe I am actually typing these words.  These last few months have been like a dream. And the best part is I can pinch myself all I want because it's REAL!!  


Most of you already know that I have a three-book deal with Tor Teen and the fabulous Mel Frain is my editor, so I'll spare all the gruesome details, but I've finally signed the contract and gotten my official copy back. And I've gotten my first writer paycheck.  Yes, for those who know me, I did cry.  Buckets!  The bank lady started crying with me. We've known each other awhile.  (smallish towns are awesome, peeps. Just sayin') It was a good day.  :D 

Anyway, because of all this awesomeness that is happening, I finally get to do the contest I've been waiting and waiting for!  My book deal celebration extravaganza!  (Hmm, that sounds a bit like a used car salesman trying to hawk the 1960s POS without an engine that's been sitting on his back lot for awhile, but...well, I like the word extravaganza.  It's got a certain panache, don't ya think.  ;P)

Anyway, details are below:

There will be TWO prize packs available.  One for writers.  One for readers. And yes, you can sign up for both. HOWEVER, if you happen to be picked to win both, I will email you and ask you which one you want more, so I can pick another winner for the other pack.  :)  

Evelyn wanted to help with this contest since she's THRILLED you all are going to be reading her story, so look to the reader's pack for special gifts from her.

Writer's Prize Pack:

·      A critique of your query letter and the first 50 pages of your manuscript.
·      A brand new copy of my favorite writer's book:  SELF-EDITING FOR FICTION WRITERS.
·      A Starbucks gift card (value to be determined by number of entries)
·      An Amazon OR Barnes and Noble gift card (value to be determined by number of entries)

·      Seaweed soap  (I LURVE this stuff. It's great on your skin. PLUS it's what the Citizens of Elysium use. ;) )

·      Moleskin journal (Great for taking notes, or revising, or going to conferences.)

·      And if enough people enter I will add in a SUPER SEKRIT prize related to RENEGADE.



Reader's Prize Pack:


·      Tor Teen book pack which will include the books PERSONAL DEMONS and ORIGINAL SIN by Lisa Desrochers, ANNA DRESSED IN BLOOD by Kendare Blake, THE FAERIE RING by Kiki Hamilton, ARTICLE 5 by Kristen Simmons (when it's released, since she's one of my BFFs this one will probably be autographed), and an ARC of RENEGADE when it's available.)

·      One of Evelyn's special perfume bottles* (This has a special significance in the book, BTW.)


·      Evelyn's silver rose pendant.*  (This also has a special significance in the book.)


·      Seaweed soap.

·      And again, if enough people enter, I will add in a SUPER SEKRIT prize related to RENEGADE. It'll be different than the one in the writer's pack. ;D

*If you're a guy (since this book is definetely geared toward both ladies AND gentleman) Gavin has stepped up to the plate and offered something special in place of Evelyn's gifts. He's extremely secretive and hasn't told me what it is, but he promises it's great.

And depending on the number of entries, I MAY award a 2nd and 3rd place winner.  Those prizes will be a $15 Amazon or Barnes and Noble gift card for 2nd and a $10 amazon or Barnes and Noble gift card for 3rd place.

The contest starts today and will end midnight December 5th, 2011 so you have plenty of time to enter and get the word out!  I’ll pick two random winners (one for each prize pack) and announce them (and the 2nd and 3rd place winners if we get enough entries) some time that day.

 
That’s it.  Easey, peasey, rice and cheesy.  :D

Fill out the form below and GOOD LUCK!!