To see or post comments, click on the blog post title to be "in" the post.
I have a new blog! It's over at my new website. So make sure to go over there for new posts as this blog will be closing soon!

Monday, March 5, 2012

Extra! Extra! Read all about it!



I have news!  I love sharing news. :) Especially this kind of news.

So...a riddle. What does Turkey and a Pegasus have in common?

>
>
>
>
>
>

Give up?

>
>
>
>
>


If you guessed RENEGADE, you'd be right! LOL.

I am ecstatic to announce that Turkish rights to RENEGADE have sold to Pegasus!

Here's the official announcement from PM:

Turkish rights to J.A. Souders's RENEGADE, to Pegasus, by ONK Agency, on behalf of Taryn Fagerness Agency and Natalie Fischer Lakosil of Bradford Literary Agency.

I have a funny story about this deal. I happened to be at Legoland (which is way AWESOME) with my family for a school field trip for my daughter when I asked my husband to check my phone for a message from my editor at Tor.

He gets all quiet and about a minute later says, "Well, there's nothing from your editor, but there's something from Natalie."

Me (not really paying attention because I'm trying to corral my daughter to her stroller): "Hmm?  Really? That's strange. What does it say?"

Him: "I don't know. Something about a Turkish deal for RENEGADE."

Me (turning around and snatching phone): "What? Gimme that!"

My husband watches me as I read the email twice.  Then stare at him, then go back to read the email again.  Then I squeal and grab him up in a hug, while everyone around me stares at me like I've lost my mind, including my kids.

I walked around on clouds for the rest of the day. 

I have more news, but I'll share that tomorrow or Wednesday. :)