To see or post comments, click on the blog post title to be "in" the post.
I have a new blog! It's over at my new website. So make sure to go over there for new posts as this blog will be closing soon!

Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Waiting on Wednesday: The Other LIfe

Goodness Everyone, I'm doing it again and forgetting my little blog.  I promise to start posting more.  Okay, just so you know, I'm over at the BNW blog today talking about the education system in RENEGADE.  It's short, but hopefully sweet, so won't you please stop on by over there?  Thanks.

Also, don't forget that the Oasis is back in town and we have some nifty stuff over there, including once-a-month crits by all us Oasis ladies, including the new (and totally fab.) Larissa Hardesty.

Okay, okay, here's my WoW post.



Waiting On Wednesday" is a weekly event, hosted by Jill from Breaking the Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.

My selection for this week's pre-publication "can't-wait-to-read" selection is:  THE OTHER LIFE by fellow apocalypsie Susanne Winnacker.

What interested me about this was the awesome cover (remember I told you before I'm shallow when it comes to books :P), but the description had me from the first paragraph and I knew instantly it was a book I'm going to HAVE to get the first day it's out.

Here's the deets from her website and don't forget to add it on goodreads.



Sherry and her family have lived sealed in a bunker in the garden since things went wrong up above. Her grandfather has been in the freezer for the last three months, her parents are at each other’s throats and two minutes ago they ran out of food.

Sherry and her father leave the safety of the bunker and find a devastated and empty LA, smashed to pieces by bombs and haunted by ‘Weepers’ - rabid humans infected with a weaponized rabies virus.

While searching for food in a supermarket, Sherry’s father disappears and Sherry is saved by Joshua, a boy-hunter. He takes her to Safe-haven, a tumble-down vineyard in the hills outside LA, where a handful of other survivors are picking up the pieces of their ‘other lives’. As she falls in love for the first time, Sherry must save her father, stay alive and keep Joshua safe when his desire for vengeance threatens them all.

So...what's your WoW?