To see or post comments, click on the blog post title to be "in" the post.
I have a new blog! It's over at my new website. So make sure to go over there for new posts as this blog will be closing soon!

Monday, August 16, 2010

RWA 2010- Day 0.5


RWA 2010 Day 0.5


Okay, so I’ve finally gotten around to blogging about my first conference.  At first I wasn’t planning on writing about it because I didn’t feel I had enough to share, but so many of you have been emailing me and asking me how it went that I’ve decided to give you a day by day.  As short as they’ll be.

First let me start by saying going to Nationals for my first conference was completely overwhelming and I’m so glad I had my friends (and roommates) to be with me.

We’ll start with Wednesday as that’s the day I officially arrived on Disney property. Let’s just say, it wasn’t good.  LOL.



My friend and I arrived late.  Yes.  I know.  I live in Orlando.  How the heckleberries did I end up arriving late.  Let’s just say it’s almost impossible to 1) leave ontime in my house and 2) drive through Orlando without getting stuck in traffic.

However, despite the fact that we arrived with 30 minutes to spare, my friend and I ended up driving for 15 minutes looking for a parking spot (she refused to pay $12 for 2 hours—I don’t really blame her). 

So, we arrived at the registration desk at 8:01 pm.  It closed at 8.  I’m not even kidding when I say they were closed tighter than a virgin’s legs.  Crude?  Yes.  But, very, very true.  



That, of course, meant I couldn’t get into the First timer’s Orientation, which meant I couldn’t meet my roommates. So, my friend and I walk back to the Boardwalk where our room is and try to get keys. 




Easy right?  Wrong.  LOL.  Our names weren’t on the register, so my friend left me with my bags and hers to wait for our other roommates.  She wasn’t staying in the hotel.  I was. 



When they finally came, we fixed the registry, which took, oh only another 30 minutes.  LOl. 

But finally we get into our room (which was, of course, in the room farthest from everything.  Literally.  But at least we had a corner room and a patio that overlooked the pool.  



I finally caught a break when my friend Cate Hart and I went to Kimonos and listened to our friends and fellow Romance Divas sing at the Karaoke bar, before finally turning in for the night.