To see or post comments, click on the blog post title to be "in" the post.
I have a new blog! It's over at my new website. So make sure to go over there for new posts as this blog will be closing soon!

Monday, July 5, 2010

#13-Twisted Summer (REVISED)

Dear Agent,
Sydney was plagued with depression a few years back and has refused to seek counseling. Keeping control of her life and staying relatively happy has helped her fight the sadness and anxiety that comes as a result of the depression. But when flowers and cryptic notes from a secret admirer arrive Sydney becomes obsessed with figuring out who he is. Her obsession leaves her feeling like the careful control over her life she’s established is slipping away.

While Sydney’s trying to unravel the secret admirer mystery AJ, her best guy friend, feels compelled to confess his feelings for her in fear that this may be his last chance.

TWISTED SUMMER is a young adult novel complete at 51,000 words. I’d be happy to send a partial or full manuscript at your request. Thank you; and I look forward to hearing from you.

Sincerely,

****


First 250
Deep breaths in and out, in and out; telling myself that helped with the anxiety of post try-out jitters. I’d made it down to the locker rooms to decide if I should change. Since it took time while I stopped to talk, I only had fifteen minutes to get ready before everyone left. The anxiety shouldn’t have been that bad. I landed all the jumps. I knew what I was doing. It’s not like I hadn’t been in this position before. I’d been on the squad for three years running. I guess the stage fright never really went away. I was in my black shorts and tiger shirt, my hair was pulled up in a ponytail. I looked in the mirror and my makeup looked fine. Everything was still in place after try-outs. No need to change clothes. There was too much adrenaline left over for me to walk casually, so I jogged back up the stairs and outside to meet up with my teammates.

Walking out to my car I saw that everyone was standing around it, this wouldn’t have been unusual except that they weren’t talking. They were all looking patiently at me like I was about to give a speech. I didn’t understand what was going on. When I got to the door of my Mini Cooper, a gift from my parents for my sixteenth birthday, I saw something lying in the front seat. My first thought was “who broke into my car?” I never left my car unlocked.